Febelfin ASBL is the Belgian Financial Sector Federation. It strives to reconcile their interests with those of policymakers, supervisory authorities, trade associations and pressure groups at national and European levels.
Belgian Financial Sector Federation
Rue d’Arlon 82
T + 32 2 507 68 11
Chief Executive Officer
Karel Van Eetvelt
Total number of employees of member companies (except insurance companies)
More than 100.000 workers
Febelfin protects the interests of all its members: large, small and medium-sized banks, niche players, providers of infrastructure, and so on. It speaks on behalf of the financial sector as a whole (except for insurance companies).
Febelfin's mission consists of the following aspects:
• defining positions held by and on behalf of its members
• lobbying at national and European levels and taking part in collective bargaining;
• providing services, including information, comment and counsel as well as training through the Febelfin Academy;
• communicating with its members and the public at large and taking part in the debate on professional, public policy, social and educational issues.
Febelfin comprises five member associations:
• the Belgian Bankers' and Stockbroking Firms' Association (ABB/BVB);
• Union professionnelle du Crédit – Beroepsvereniging van het krediet (UPC/BVK – Credit Association);
• Belgian Asset Managers Association (BEAMA);
• Belgian Association of Stock Exchange Members (BASEM);
• Belgian Leasing Association (BLA).